Select Page

Amazon Development Center Scotland – Edinburgh

During my time at Amazon, I worked within the Talent Design team who is in charge of designing innovative employee focused products, in partnership with the headquarter in Seattle.

Overall, I worked on an end-to-end project and went through User Research, Wireframing, Visual Design, Usability Tests and even Design Sprint methodology.

Unfortunately, I’m not allowed to share my work as it’s confidential. But I can share my achievements through the Amazon Leadership Principles. 

Project Details

Company project Amazon

Date Decembre 2017

Skills UX/UI Design

Amazon Leadership Principles

Our Leadership Principles aren’t just a pretty inspirational wall hanging. These Principles work hard, just like we do. Amazonians use them, every day, whether they’re discussing ideas for new projects, deciding on the best solution for a customer’s problem, or interviewing candidates. It’s just one of the things that makes Amazon peculiar.

Customer Obsession

I always keep in mind that we design for users, and only them have the right answers. I tested my product  with differents users, corrected the main issues and iterated, 3 times.

Think Big

I helped the team to build a data base of users they could use for their usability tests. Employees and Managers can subscribe to this list if they want to test the products we’re developing for them.

Invent & Simplify

Starting with the Design Sprint, the project continued further and I worked on different versions. Everytime I tried to simplify the design while answering customers needs.

Bias for Action

I pushed my team to try a new fast-paced methodology I have heard about for a while. The Design Sprint from Google Ventures. I took responsability for organising everything and ran the sprint as Facilitator.

Ownership

I owned the project from start to end, sharing my progress with the team and stakeholders.

Dive Deep

The User Research brought many insights that I took into account to build the different user cases. But it also raised new problems to answer. So I worked on side projects to try to fill in the gaps.